Friday, February 19, 2010

prism.

While most people were watching the Super Bowl, a small group of folks were gathering for the annual anti-super-bowl punk show in Stockton. This year it was held at the Plea for Peace Center, and ran from the afternoon and into the evening.

I managed to make it out for the first time in a couple of years, and was stoked to see my friends' band, Hard Girls, was playing. So, I shot their set, but I tried something a little goofy, just for fun. I bought a toy, one of those little plastic prisms you look through that makes everything look like a bunch of tiny little versions of the scene. It cost me a 25-cent donation to Relay for Life, and was bright, lime green. Not sure how successful the shots are, but it was fun to mix things up a little. So here are a few shots I liked from the set, some with the toy and some without.

1 comment:

Jarod said...

I really dig number 7. I think it works just fine.