Sunday, November 30, 2008

shuffle.

florida is so much like california. it's almost scary to think i drove 3000 miles to end up in a place that's so much like home. i love it.
thanks to the lovely melissa lyttle for hosting me for this extended visit, and for pointing me in the direction of my first order of business.... shuffleboard! with my love of cable-knit cardigans, oversized sunglasses and knitting, it only made sense that while in florida, i should learn to play this awesome game. so i went to the friday night shuffle at the st. petersburg shuffleboard club, armed with a camera and no expectations. what i found were at least 30 people, young and old, playing numerous games of shuffleboard fairly late into the night. i talked to joyce, an older woman and a member of the league, and she invited me to play a game with some of the folks there. i have to say i abandoned my camera for some good old-fashioned fun! if you ever find yourself in st. petersburg with no plans on a friday night, it's a must-see event.hooray for florida.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will rock you in shuffleboard, youngblood.

ps. Can you teach me to color-balance night photos?