Wednesday, August 15, 2007

strrrrrrrrike!

Let’s be honest: blogging stresses the hell out of me.

Why?

Because it forces me to confront some – if not all – the thoughts that run through my head at any given moment.

Then again, I think I get stressed out about a lot of little shit anyway, so it’s really not surprising that something meant to be used as a release for all the stuff that bounces around my brain and drives me crazy in itself becomes a source for more crazy.

Anyway.

baseball tonight.
i know it can be slow to start, but if you're actually playing the game i would think you'd want to make it seem like you're paying attention.

riiiiiight?
some seriously slow pitching. seriously. i'm not that fast on the shutter, even with the motor drive.

this group of kids was at a baseball game I was shooting tonight, sitting right behind me with one dad acting as chaperone. The dad was trying to get the kids to learn the game.

“Look guys, watch what they’re doing. Ok, when there’s a player on first and one at bat, where do you think they’re going to throw the ball?”

So I’m listening in as I wait for some sort of action to happen when a player for the home team comes up to the plate. Two foul hits, both going straight up and behind him, into the crowd. When he hits the third in a row, I hear one of the kids yell behind me.

“look daddy! He hit a backwards homerun! That’s good! That’s good…. Right?”

I almost dropped my camera from laughing so hard.
Then, I swear I heard the next batter, upon striking out, return to the dugout yelling, “fuck! Fuck! Fuckin’ stupid calls!” and the winner… “That’s why I hate white people!”

Did he really just say that? Ha.

Best part is I think most people think he’s white.

All in all, a good day at the ballgame. Too bad when the paper finally decides to do a feature on the pitcher [who is the only one standing in awesome, dramatic golden light at the beginning of the game], the sun starts to set earlier, so when the game starts, he, too, is in darkness after the first 3 minutes.
I guess that’s life.

No comments: